THE DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL AND ENERGY RESOURCES:
Headed by Secretary SHADRACH HIMATA under the ministerial leadership of Honorable RAYMOND MASONO, ABG Vice President and Minister for Mineral and Energy Resources, Its mandate is focused on:
- Mining policy
- Mining Safety Exploration (all minerals)
- Licensing and regulation of developers
- Energy policy
News and updates
- New Bougainville Mining Act and partial lifting of the mining moratorium with applications for mining in Tore, Isina and Jaba being accepted.
- Work to sensitively re-open Panguna mine site is well advanced.
- Need to manage exploration applications efficiently and effectively, ensuring that the interests of the ABG are always upheld.
- Finalising arrangements of the BCL Steering Committee so that important consultation work can commence with respect to mining operations at Panguna.