THE DEPARTMENT OF PEACE AGREEMENT IMPLEMENTATION
Headed by acting Secretary DENNIS KUIAI under the ministerial leadership of Honorable ALBERT PUNGHAU, ABG Minister for Peace Agreement Implementation. The department was formed to coordinate and deliver Bougainville preparations, including consultation and engagement to reach joint government resolution on the referendum question to be asked and voting qualifications.
Its mandate is focused on:
- Bougainville referendum
- Research and policy on referendum
- Former Combatants Affairs
- Veteran Participation on Reconciliation, Weapons Disposal and Referendum
- Veteran skills and educational development
- Negotiations with the government of PNG, Joint Supervisory Body (JSB)
- Developing and disseminating information to all stakeholders
- Coordinating international groups assisting in the referendum in pre-referendum and post-referendum.