The Bougainville SOE Controller and Chief of Bougainville Police Service, Francis Tokura, has issued the following Supplementary Orders #1 for immediate implementation:
2020 ELECTIONS & OTHERS
1. Order 26 of Emergency Order .1 putting restrictions on 2020 ABG Election is hereby revoked. The Office of the Bougainville Electoral Commissioner shall now advise the Speaker of the Bougainville House of Representatives to issue the Writs for the 2020 ABG Election on the 17th of June 2020.
2. Other orders pertaining to the 2020 ABG Election shall be issued in due cause.
3. Order 15 of Emergency Order 2 is amended by inserting that, “there is total ban of the consumption, sale, transportation and production of alcohol throughout Bougainville.”
4. Order 11 of Emergency Order 2 is hereby revoked. Trading hours for Essential service providers throughout Bougainville is now extended from 9am – 5pm BST. The following are deemed to be the essential services:
- Pharmaceutical, medical clinics and private health services;
- Banking and financial services;
- Grocery shops, trade stores and supermarkets;
- Hotels restaurants and cafeteria;
- Telecommunication and mobile service providers and public utilities
- Fuel Stations
These orders are effective as of 07 May 2020.
[ Back to News ]