Department of Bougainville Independence Mission Implementation
THE DEPARTMENT OF BOUGAINVILLE INDEPENDENCE MISSION IMPLEMENTATION
Headed by Secretary Stephanie Elizah under the ministerial leadership of Honorable EZEKIEL MASSAT, Member for Tonsu Constituency, ABG Attorney General and Minister for Bougainville Independence Mission Implementation.
Its mandate is focused on:
- Bougainville Independence Mission Implementation
- Former Combatants Affairs
- Negotiations with the government of PNG, Joint Supervisory Body (JSB)
- Peace and Reconciliation
THE BOUGAINVILLE CONSTITUTIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION (BCPC)
The BEC based on the Wabag Joint Statement endorsed the establishment of the BCPC on the 16th July 2021 and on February 18th 2022 endorsed 40 persons are commissioners with their Terms of Reference. The commissioners were sworn in on the 25th of February 2022 in Arawa to represent Bougainvilleans and frame a new autochthonous constitution for a Sovereign Independent State of Bougainville.
The Commission is a Bougainville Constitutional Office headed by;
- Chairperson Hon. President Ishmael Toroama,
- Chairperson Hon. Vice President Patrick Nisira,
- Deputy Chairperson Hon. Minister Ezekiel Masatt and Attorney General; and,
- Other members of the commission representing women, chiefs, business, community, youth, churches, and ex-combatants.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BCPC
The Commission is tasked to
- Discuss with the people, ask questions and obtain their views on what type of constitution they want.
- Ensure constitution is ‘home grown’.
- Arrange public hearings and receive written submission from the people.
- Prepare a draft constitution.
- Arrange a workshop to review and discuss on the draft constitution.
- Complete a draft constitution by first quarter of 2025.
LIST OF COMMISSIONERS
The commissioners represent four different areas:
- Team Buka and Atolls
- Agnes Titus
- Telavika Faite
- Eddie Mohin
- David Braun
- Sylvester Hatsiere
- Dudley Matuan
- Joshua Kangku
- Genevieve Somo
- Team North
- Francesca Semoso
- Rome Tohiana
- Linus Dake (Sr)
- Robert Kekevio
- Lawrence Belieh
- Robert Semoso
- Albert Magoi
- Glynn Tovirika
- Bernard Hanga
- Team South
- Isabel Peta
- Albert Nukuitu
- Rev. Abraham Toroi
- Terry Mose
- Michael Komoiki
- Steven Topesi
- David Kongkori
- Vandelinus Bitanuma
- Thomas Koiroro
- Nick Peniai
- Team Central
- Anita Salas
- Daniel Kukup
- Augustine Teboro
- Johnathan Kenneth
- Julie Tanasi Latu
- Sam Kauona
- James Ornato
- David Maliku
Bougainvilleans living outside of Bougainville and Papua New Guinea (PNG) can contact the BCPC on email: email@example.com
BCPC BROCHURE. Download here.
GUIDING QUESTIONS. Download here.
OTHER BCPC NEWS
March 17, 2023
BCPC concludes consultation in Bougainville. Read more here.
MAY 05, 2022
Launching of the BCPCS at Buin. Read more here.
APRIL 08, 2022
BCPC Induction ends. Read more here.
APRIL 05, 2022
Induction of Constitutional Planning Commission begins. Read more here.
APRIL 01, 2022
Statement commemorating the first year of the Bougainville Independence Ready Mission. Read more here.
FEBRUARY 25, 2022
President’s Address at the first meeting of the Bougainville Constitutional Planning Commission. Read more here.
Bougainville Constitutional Planning Commission sworn in today. Read more here.
JOINT SUPERVISORY BODY (JSB) MEETING REPORTS 2022
APRIL 22, 2022
- Special JSB meeting endorses Era Kone Covenant. Read more here.
- President Ishmael Toroama Opening Address at the Special JSB Meeting. Read more here.
APRIL 05, 2022
ABG President Hon. Ishmael Toroama – Statement at the signing of Era Kone Covenant. Read more here.