THE DEPARTMENT OF BOUGAINVILLE INDEPENDENCE MISSION IMPLEMENTATION
Headed by Acting Secretary, Stephanie Elizah under the ministerial leadership of Honorable EZEKIEL MASSAT, Member for Tonsu Constituency, ABG Minister for Bougainville Independence Mission Implementation. The department was formed to coordinate and deliver Bougainville preparations for independence.
Its mandate is focused on:
- Bougainville referendum
- Research and policy on referendum
- Former Combatants Affairs
- Veteran Participation on Reconciliation, Weapons Disposal and Referendum
- Veteran skills and educational development
- Negotiations with the government of PNG, Joint Supervisory Body (JSB)
- Developing and disseminating information to all stakeholders
- Coordinating international groups assisting in the referendum in pre-referendum and post-referendum.