The Department of President and the Bougainville Executive Council is headed by the Chief Secretary SHADRACH HIMATA.
The Department has several offices under its structure including:
- Office of the Chief Secretary
- Office of the Deputy Secretary (Strategic Planning & Policy)
- Office of the Deputy Secretary (Operations)
- Directorate of Media and Communications
Speeches at the Bougainville House of Representative (BHoR):
- Statement by the President on the occasion of the swearing-in ceremony of the caretaker government
Speeches at the Joint Supervisory Body Meeting (JSB):
- Joint Resolutions passed at the April special JSB meeting
- Era Kone Covernant agreement
Statements on Panguna Mine:
- President calls on the Panguna landowners to work with ABG
- President and Panguna Mine Landowners agree to reopen the Panguna Mine
News and Updates
TOROAMA-NISIRA GOVERNMENT ONE YEAR ACHIEVEMENTS
September 29, 2021 marked the first year of the Toroama-Nisira government since the inauguration of the Fourth Bougainville House of Representatives in 2020.
A summary of the key highlights and achievements of the first year can be downloaded here.
12 November 2021: President Toroama meets with Prime Minister James Marape
ABG President Hon. Ishmael Toroama met with the Prime Minister Hon. James Marape yesterday in Port Moresby.
The two leaders discussed on a number of issues including;
1. JSB & Joint Consultation meeting to be held on 8 - 10 December 2021, in Port Moresby.
2. Intergovernmental Funding Arrangements.
3. Bougainville's COVID 19 response.
4. Recent disagreements on autonomous arrangements on Bougainville.
"The Prime Minister and I agree that both our governments must fully implement the Bougainville Peace Agreement in equal partnership. We may disagree on certain issues but we have a rapport that enables mutual respect for each other's views and a respect for the Bougainville process on self-determination." -President Hon. Ishmael Toroama