Department of the President and the Bougainville Executive Council
The Department of President and the Bougainville Executive Council is headed by the Chief Secretary SHADRACH HIMATA.
The Department has several offices under its structure including:
- Office of the Chief Secretary
- Office of the Deputy Secretary (Strategic Planning & Policy)
- Office of the Deputy Secretary (Operations)
- Directorate of Media and Communications
Speeches at the Bougainville House of Representative (BHoR):
Speeches at the Joint Supervisory Body Meeting (JSB):
Statements on Panguna Mine:
- President calls on the Panguna landowners to work with ABG
- President and Panguna Mine Landowners agree to reopen the Panguna Mine
News and Updates
PUBLIC SERVICE DEDICATION MASS
TOROAMA-NISIRA GOVERNMENT ONE YEAR ACHIEVEMENTS
September 29, 2021 marked the first year of the Toroama-Nisira government since the inauguration of the Fourth Bougainville House of Representatives in 2020.
A summary of the key highlights and achievements of the first year can be downloaded here.
12 November 2021: President Toroama meets with Prime Minister James Marape
ABG President Hon. Ishmael Toroama met with the Prime Minister Hon. James Marape yesterday in Port Moresby.
The two leaders discussed on a number of issues including;
1. JSB & Joint Consultation meeting to be held on 8 - 10 December 2021, in Port Moresby.
2. Intergovernmental Funding Arrangements.
3. Bougainville's COVID 19 response.
4. Recent disagreements on autonomous arrangements on Bougainville.
"The Prime Minister and I agree that both our governments must fully implement the Bougainville Peace Agreement in equal partnership. We may disagree on certain issues but we have a rapport that enables mutual respect for each other's views and a respect for the Bougainville process on self-determination." -President Hon. Ishmael Toroama