H.E Hon. Ishmael Toroama, MHR President of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville & The Autonomous Bougainville Government
President Hon. Ishmael Toroama represented the people of Bougainville as a veteren fighting for the freedom of Bougainville in Papua New Guinea for over thirty years until he officially became the fourth president of the Autonomous Bougainville Government when he won the race for the president's seat in the Bougainville General Elections, 2020.
President Hon. Ishmael Toroama had won the seat for president in the Bougainville General Elections and had campaigned on the three pillars, Independence, corruption and law and order.
He is currently serving his first term as the President of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville after winning a victory in the September 2020 elections.
President of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Hon. Ishmael Toroama, outlined his six-point strategy under his leadership, in his maiden speech delivered at the Inauguration Ceremony of the Fourth Bougainville House of Representatives on Tuesday 29th September 2020.
1. Political control of our Destiny
2. Economic Growth and Control
3. Administrative Control
4. Mobilizing Private Sector and Civil Society
5. Long term Vision and Planning
6. International Relations
Read the full speech here.
MEDIA STATEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES MEMBERSHIP OF BOUGAINVILLE CABINET
I, President of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Hon. Ishmael Toroama, am happy to announce the full cabinet of the Bougainville Executive Council.
The Ministers are as follows:
1. Hon. Ishmael Toroama: President and Minister for Inter-government Affairs, President and Bougainville Executive Council, Media and Communications
2. Hon. Patrick Nisira: Vice President and Minister for Economic Development (Member for Halia Constituency)
3. Hon. Mathias Salas: Minister for Finance and Treasury (Member for North Nasioi Constituency)
4. Hon. Ezekiel Massat: Minister for Justice, Attorney General and Post Referendum Dialogue and Consultation (Member for Tonsu Constituency)
5. Hon. Thomas Tarii: Minister for Police and Correctional Services (Member for South Bougainville Veterans)
6. Hon. Rodney Osioko: Minister for Mineral and Energy Resources (Member for Kokoda Constituency)
7. Hon. Dr Joseph Kim Swuamaru: Minister for Technical Services (Member for Kopi Constituency)
8. Hon. Raymond Masono: Minister for Health (Member for Atolls Constituency)
9. Hon. Thomas Pataaku: Minister for Community Government (Member for Ramu Constituency)
10. Hon. Theonila Roka Matbob: Minister for Education (Member for Ioro Constituency)
11. Hon. Thompson Gitovea: Minister for Community Development (Member for Taonita-Teop Constituency)
12. Hon. Melvin Igiras Wilolopa: Minister for Public Service (Member for Lato Constituency)
13. Hon. Robert Hamal Sawa: Minister for Lands, Physical Planning, Environment and Conservation (Member for Hagogohe Constituency)
14. Hon. Yolande Geraldine Paul: Minister for Primary Industries and Marine Resources (Member for Central Bougainville Women)
Read the full speech here.
[ Back to Cabinet Ministers ]